Some Things to Know When Buying Custom Blinds Online for Your Home
Planning some home interior redesign but don’t know yet what to include? Take a look at your windows. Are they bare? Wouldn’t it be nice to add some accents?
Window blinds and other treatments can be great inclusions to your redesigning project. They provide a good amount of decorative opportunities. Not only that, they don’t lack in function. They help add privacy, control the amount of sunlight coming in, and regulate energy efficiency.
There are a lot of options in buying window blinds. While this allows for great flexibility for you, it can also make selection harder. Some guidance can go a long way in this regard.
Buying custom blinds online is a good idea. Houses can be different and so are their windows. If you have windows with unique shapes and sizes, ready-made blinds may not fit well with them. For this, take measurements of each window that you want to fit with blinds. Even if the windows may seem to have the same sizes, measure them to be certain. Accuracy is important here as the specifications can help online shops, like Blinds Shop Online, to create custom blinds with the right dimensions for you. So, take measurements to the nearest millimetre.
Before buying, you have some considerations to make. In the website of Good Housekeeping, there is an article that guides homeowners on buying window treatments. Here are the considerations they listed:
- Light and Privacy. What level do you need for these? They will differ depending on what function the room serves and your preferences. Chances are that you will be needing a different kind of blinds or shades for different parts of the house.
- Safety. This is especially important if there are children in the house. They might get caught in the adjuster cords.
- Cleaning Efforts. Some blinds require attention more frequently than others. Be aware of this as you might not have the time to clean them.
- Budget. Which parts of the house is your priority? You might want to allot more of the budget on a certain window and cut back in the others. Remember also that the size of window treatments determine the price.
- Style. What look or theme do you want to achieve for your house? This will determine your choice in the colours, design, and style.
As an example, consider blockout roller blinds. They are great for blocking sunlight and offer good UV protection so it can be ideal for the bedroom, especially for day-sleepers and small children. It can come in many styles so there’s a good level of design flexibility.
(Source: How to Buy Blinds and Shades, Good Housekeeping, Nov. 5, 2012)